Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Readable Garb

">

It's Day 2 of my cold: I spent a wretched morning abusing Vicks and peppermint tea. To cheer myself up, after hours of sneezing, I threw my contaminated shirt into the laundry and donned my favorite Edward Gorey reading t-shirt. Although a stylish friend informs me it is a fashion no-no to wear clothing one can read, i don't hesitate to flaunt Gorey's version of "Too Many Books..."

It occurs to me that a complete reading wardrobe could be furnished with the following t-shirts .


Here's an appropriate tee for the next time someone athletic attempts to recruit you for a volleyball game (or other nightmarish sport):





For the first beach-reading day (whenever your vacation starts):




And when you're feeling political:



Of course there are many, many more. You can also print your own.

Doesn't this READ like someone with a cold? and who cannot procure cold medicine? The effective stuff was pulled from the shelves a couple of years ago because meth entrepreneurs chose to mine it for now-controlled-substance ingredients... Ugh, ugh ugh!


No comments: